Distinguished Lecture by Alison Beach: "Reading the Remnants: Religious Women and the Material Turn in Medieval History"
Distinguished Lecturer Seminar Series
- Date: Apr 9, 2019
- Time: 03:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Alison Beach
- Associate Professor of History, Ohio State University (http://www.abeach.org)
- Location: MPI SHH Jena
- Room: Villa V14
- Host: Department of Archaeogenetics
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remnants of material culture – from excavated monastery walls to fragments of parchment books discovered in archives – are opening new windows into the everyday lives of medieval religious women. Focusing on the intersection between text and object, this lecture will present evidence for the intellectual and artistic contributions of women to the rapidly changing society of twelfth-century Europe.
Organized by Christina Warinner.