On this page we publish the jobs offers of our institute, especially in the service and technical departments.
The possibilities for promotion and scientific cooperation are not covered in any case here. Please inform yourself about this also on the pages of the scientific departments and research groups.
Information of the Max Planck Society for job seekers from both the scientific and the non-academic scope as well as the answers to 60 frequently asked questions you can find here: www.mpg.de/career.
- The Department of Archaeology seeks a Research Assistant/Personal Assistant to the Director (f/m/d) to start as soon as possible. Click here for more information.
- The administration of the institute is seeking a part-time (50%) Accountant as soon as possible. More information can be found in German here.
- To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for a permanent, full-time System Administrator (f/m/d). Click here for more information.
Postdoctoral research positions
- The Department of Archaeogenetics is offering a position for a postdoc position in population genetics (E13 100%) for up to four years. For further information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeogenetics invite applications for a postdoc position in ancient bacterial genomics. For further information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeogenetics is offering a postdoc position in ancient viral genomics. For further information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeology is offering a phd position in South American megafaunal ecologies, diets, and mobilities. For further information please click here.
- The Molecular Paleopathology group within the Department of Archaeogenetics invites applications for doctoral positions in ancient pathogen DNA. For further information please click here.
Student Assistant positions
- The Transmission, Infection, Diversification & Evolution Group (tide) is looking for a Student Assistant to support the development of phylogenetic analysis software within the Bayesian phylogenetic analysis framework BEAST2. For further information, please click here.
- The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is always looking for student assistants in all departments, research groups, service units and laboratories. For further information, please click here.
- There are no openings in this category at the moment.