On this page we publish the jobs offers of our institute, especially in the service and technical departments.
The possibilities for promotion and scientific cooperation are not covered in any case here. Please inform yourself about this also on the pages of the scientific departments and research groups.
Information of the Max Planck Society for job seekers from both the scientific and the non-academic scope as well as the answers to 60 frequently asked questions you can find here: www.mpg.de/career.
- For the technical management and strategic development of our institute library, we are looking for a full-time head of the library (f/m/d) with a focus on digital information services and very good English language skills as soon as possible and by 1 April 2019 at the latest. For further information please click here.
- Project Assistance International Office and Welcome Service; Administrative Assistance IMPRS (f/m/d). Deadline for applications is 15 January 2019. For further information please click here.
Postdoctoral research positions
- The Department of Archaeogenetics is offering a position for a Postdoc in Population Genetics (E13 100%) for up to four years. For further information, please click here.
- The International Max Planck Research School for the Science of Human History is offering 16 PhD positions in 14 projects. The deadline for applications is January 31, 2019. For more information, please click here.
- The Max Planck-Harvard Research Center for the Archaeoscience of the Ancient Mediterranean (MHAAM) is offering 5-year fully-funded PhD fellowship opportunities for the 2019-2020 academic year and beyond for study and research on the science of the human past at Harvard and at the MPI-SHH. The first deadline is December 1, 2018. For more information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeology is offering a 3-year PhD position to conduct research on Olduvai Gorge. The deadline for applications is March 1, 2019. For more information, please click here.
Student Assistant positions
- The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is always looking for Student Assistants in all Departments, Research Groups, Service Units and Laboratories. For further information, please click here.
- The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is currently looking to for a new Intern in Archaeometry. The internship will mostly be held at the Institute for Earth Physics in Paris (France). For further information, please click here.
- There are no openings in this category at the moment.