Heirloom Microbes Project: Proteomics Workshop
Heirloom Microbes Workshop
- Start: May 7, 2018 09:30
- End: May 18, 2018 15:00
- Location: MPI SHH Jena
- Host: Heirloom Microbes Project
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proteomics Workshop - final schedule and final list of participants and instructors:
Linyuan Fan, Freddi Scheib, Rodrigo Barquera, Susanna Sabin, Karen Giffin, Betsy Nelson
Dr. Christina Warinner, Zandra Fagernäs, Richard Hagan, Ashley Scott, Shevan Wilkin, Maddy Bleasdale
Our workshop opens with a morning session tomorrow, Monday May 7 at 9:30am in the DAG Oval Office. The opening session will consist of:
- 9:30-10:30 Welcome and introduction lecture, by Dr. Christina Warinner
- 10:30-11:30 Introduction to proteomics protocols, by Ashley Scott
- 11:30-11:45 Paleoproteomics applications in ancient Central Asia, by Shevan Wilkin
- 11:45-12:00 Paleoproteomics applications in ancient East Africa, by Maddy Bleasdale
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
On Tuesday May 8 and Wednesday May 9, workshop participants will accompany Zandra Fagernäs to the Ancient Proteomics lab for a demonstration of our protocols.
On Friday, May 11, there will be an all-day data analysis session in the DAG Oval Office, presented by Richard Hagan. A morning coffee break (10:45) and lunch (12:00).
May 14-18 begins part two of the workshop, during which participants will begin protein extraction of their own samples under the supervision of Zandra Fagernäs. The schedule for this week will be finalized on May 11.
Friday May 18, we will have closing session in the DAG Oval Office from 13:00-15:00 to discuss projects, questions, and next steps.