Announcing the Proposed GSSP Candidate Site of the Anthropocene
- Date: Jul 11, 2023
- Time: 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Jürgen Renn, Bernd Scherer, Katrin Klingan, Colin Waters, Simon Turner, Principal Investigators of the proposed Anthropocene GSSP candidate site
- Host: Georg Schäfer, Christoph Rosol, Jürgen Renn, Lina Schwab
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Online Press Conference of the Anthropocene Working Group and the Max Planck Society: Announcing the Proposed GSSP Candidate Site of the Anthropocene
- Jürgen Renn (Director MPI for the History of Science and Founding Director MPI of Geoanthropology)
- Bernd Scherer (Former Director of HKW)
- Katrin Klingan (Former Head of the Department Literature and Humanities, HKW)
- Colin Waters (Chair of the AWG)
- Simon Turner (Secretary of the AWG)
- Principal Investigators of the proposed Anthropocene GSSP candidate site
Contact and Registration
The event is open to the public for online participation. To participate, please register via DEPT1-EVENTS@MPIWG-BERLIN.MPG.DE.
The AWG’s latest results were published in a special issue of The Anthropocene Review, including an afterword co-authored with HKW and MPIWG project partners on the role of their collaboration in the research process.