Organic and Fair-Trade Shops
- Bioladen: Zwätzengasse 14
- Denns Biomarkt: Holzmarkt 1
- Reformhaus Tonndorf: Markt 19
- Wochenmarkt/Bauernmarkt at the market place:
Opening hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00-17:00, Saturday: 07:00-13:00
In winter: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00-17:00, Saturday: 08:00-13:00
- Bio Bäcker: Steinweg
- Jeninchen Unverpackt Laden: Sophienstr 37-39
- Contigo Faitrade Shop: Teichgraben 3
- Tegut: Goethe Galerie
- Bio-Laden Rosmarin: Herderplatz 3
- Biomarkt Kirschberg: Eduard-Rosenthal-Straße 22a
- Denns Biomarkt: Markthalle, Damaschkestraße 1
- Brotklappe (bakery and cafe): Frauenplan 8; Trierer Str. 46
- Fama (cafe, lunches, home-made jams): Windischenstrasse 20 and Marktstrasse 9
- Rundum Frei - die unverpakt Drogerie: Windischenstrasse 6
- Reformhaus (several in the city)
Organic and fair-trade clothes:
- LOVEAFFAIR: Marktstrasse 22
- Matz und Murkel (children's clothes): Windischenstrasse 25
- Schauschau: Teichgasse 4
Environmentally Friendly Stores & Grocers
- Alnatura Super Natur Markt. Bahnhofstraße 4a, Erfurt
- Organic food and groceries, including wines and a café.
- Just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
- Denns BioMarkt. Anger 1, Erfurt
- Organic food and groceries.
- On Anger Platz, Erfurt’s major shopping center.
- Clärchen – Biokaufladen und Biocafe. Meienbergstraße 10, Erfurt
- Biostore and restaurant, with responsibly produced, organic breads, foods, and seasonal meals.
- Consciously works to reduce packaging.
- Less than 10 minutes’ walk from Hauptbahnhof in Erfurt’s Altstadt
- Organics –Organic Food am Dom, Andreasstraße 35, Erfurt.
- Organic Food store.
- On Domplatz, near multiple cafes and restaurants as well as local weekend gatherings.
- Maboni –Kinderkleidung. Krämerbrücke 26, Erfurt.
- Children’s clothing store committed to clothing made from biowool, biocotton, and recycled products.
- Small store atop the famous Krämerbrücke.
- Oxfam Shop Erfurt, Anger 42, Erfurt
- Second-hand clothing store.
- Globally recognized conservation and environment focused group.
- Contigo Erfurt, Predigerstraße 1, Erfurt.
- Coffee roasters and fair trade shop with stores in Erfurt and Jena.
- Erfurt store is located along the Fischmarkt, between Anger Plaza and Domplatz.
Stores with Local Products and Second-Hand Goods
- Kunst tragbar. Krämerbrücke 18, Erfurt
- Handmade clothing and crafts store.
- All products made in region.
- Note that products are made in region, but materials may not be regional!
- Along the river, near various chocolate and ice cream shops as well as Der Sandmann statue.
- Used Products Erfurt Dein An und Verkauf. Leipziger Platz 16, Erfurt.
- Second hand store focusing on electronics, but with a wide range of products.
- 10 minute walk from the Hauptbahnhof.
- Worth a visit to furnish an apartment, or sell something you no longer need!
Environment-Centric Things to Do!
- Natural History Museum with 4 floors of exhibits on flora and fauna.
- Emphasis on Thuringia and the region.
- Steigerwald National Reserve.
- Forest reserve south of Erfurt.
- Fantastic for easy hikes, views of regional nature, and a great place to spend a beautiful day outdoors in the green heart of Germany.
- Can be reached using public transit and shuttles (or bikes!) from the Hauptbahnhof.