Team Assistant (f/m/d) in Jena
The Department of Archaeology at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History in Jena draws upon field and laboratory approaches in archaeology to undertake cutting-edge research into our species’ past.
In order to support the department we are looking for a Team Assistant (f/m/d)
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with strong communication skills and social competence who does not refrain from taking challenges and strives to find flexible solutions. You will become part of a team of international colleagues from science and administration.
You will support the Department of Archaeology and the director of the department in all administrative tasks. These include organizing meetings, business trips and others events, as well as communicating with the scientific and administrative areas of the institute.
The departments offers a diverse environment and welcomes students, employees and visitors from all around the globe.
This position is ideal for people with exceptional organizational skills and high social competence that are willing to accept challenges, are able to effectively prioritize their work tasks and solve a wide range of problems confidently.
- Administrative, organizational and economic support of the Department of Archaeology
- Basic administrative tasks such as replying to E-Mails and inquiries, schedule planning, booking of rooms, managing the calendar and website of the department, organizing file systems.
- Supporting the director in running the department and in various other tasks
- Supporting the organization and planning of business trips – flights, visas, research permits, accommodation, etc.
- Organizing meetings, workshops and conferences
- Helping foreign employees and guests in finding an apartment, meeting the requirements for residence permits as well as in administrative and related issues
- Handling purchase requisitions and expense claims
- Translations (German/English and English/German)
- Coordinating with the scientific and administrative areas of the institute
- Assisting with PowerPoint presentations and scientific illustrations
- Writing detailed protocols of meetings in English and German
- Exceptionally good organizational talent, high self-motivation and team spirit
- Proficient knowledge in speech and writing of English and German
- Degree as a foreign language secretary and/or other associate degree
- Experience working as a secretary, personal assistant, office supervisor or organizer
- Absolute reliability and distinct sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and to take the initiative
- Openness and interest in learning new tasks and skills
- Ability to multitask, find creative solutions and keep deadlines
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a scientific environment
- Knowledge of local structures and offers
We are offering you a varied and challenging occupation in an attractive, modern and international environment with a good working atmosphere.
The position is limited to two year contract and is eligible for part-time work. The remuneration is based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector (TVöD Bund) according to your personal requirements.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increase the employment of individuals with a disability and especially encourages them to apply. The Max Planck Society also seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are under-represented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
How to apply
Please submit your application as a pdf file no larger than 5 MB by the 15th of December 2019 via the following link.
The application can be written in German. The interviews will be done in English.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Contact: Anja Schatz – firstname.lastname@example.org