Stefanie Schirmer is a technician in the department of archeology.
She works in the botany laboratory (micro- and macrobotany) and in the ZooMS/MALDI laboratory.
In the botany laboratory she is responsible for the following tasks:
- operation of stereo- and digital microscopes
- image generation on the scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- procurement of consumables for sample processing
- supporting employees in operating microscopes and preparing samples
In the ZoomMS/MALDI laboratory, she takes over the following tasks:
- sample preparation and collagen extraction
- preparation of chemical solutions
- analysis of archaeological samples
- measurement of the samples on the mass spectrometer Maldi-TOF
- analysis of the Maldi-TOF spectra