On this page we publish the jobs offers of our institute, especially in the service and technical departments.
The possibilities for promotion and scientific cooperation are not covered in any case here. Please inform yourself about this on the pages of the scientific departments and research groups.
Information of the Max Planck Society for job seekers from both the scientific and the non-academic scope as well as the answers to 60 frequently asked questions you can find here: www.mpg.de/career.
- The Department of Archaeogenetics is seeking a Department Assistant (as parental substitute) starting on September 1, 2018. The position is initially limited to two years. For further information, please click here.
Postdoctoral research positions
- The Department of Archaeogenetics is offering a position for a Postdoc in Population Genetics (E13 100%) for up to four years, starting in spring/summer 2018. For further information, please click here.
- The Transmission, Infection, Diversification & Evolution Group (TIDE) led by Denise Kühnert is offering one Postdoctoral position in the project "The 'phylodynamics' of language evolution" to begin on June 1, 2018. For more information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeology is offering up to five 3-year funded PhD positions. The following fields are eligible: biomolecular archaeology, palaeoproteomics, ZooMS, anthropogenic extinctions, environmental change, archaeobotany, Palaeolithic archaeology, and geoarchaeology. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2018. For more information, please click here.
Student Assistant positions
- The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is always looking for Student Assistants in all Departments, Research Groups, Service Units and Laboratories. For further information, please click here.