On this page we publish the jobs offers of our institute, especially in the service and technical departments.
The possibilities for promotion and scientific cooperation are not covered in any case here. Please inform yourself about this on the pages of the scientific departments and research groups.
Information of the Max Planck Society for job seekers from both the scientific and the non-academic scope as well as the answers to 60 frequently asked questions you can find here: www.mpg.de/career.
- The administration of the institute is seeking a human resources manager to be filled as soon as possible for an initial duration of up to two years with the option of becoming permanent after that period. For further information in German, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeology is offering a Technician position (m/f) within the Stable Isotope Laboratory to begin 1 January, 2019 (or as soon as possible hereafter), and running for one year, with the possibility of extension. For further information, please click here.
Postdoctoral research positions
- The Department of Archaeogenetics is offering a position for a Postdoc in Population Genetics (E13 100%) for up to four years. For further information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeology is offering up to five 3-year funded PhD positions. The following fields are eligible: biomolecular archaeology, palaeoproteomics, ZooMS, anthropogenic extinctions, environmental change, archaeobotany, Palaeolithic archaeology, and geoarchaeology. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2018. For more information, please click here.
- The ERC-funded FINDER project is offering one 3-year fully-funded PhD position in Archaeological Science. The deadline for applications is November 2, 2018. For more information, please click here.
- The Max Planck-Harvard Research Center for the Archaeoscience of the Ancient Mediterranean (MHAAM) is offering 5-year fully-funded PhD fellowship opportunities for the 2019-2020 academic year and beyond for study and research on the science of the human past at Harvard and at the MPI-SHH. The first deadline is December 1, 2018. For more information, please click here.
Student Assistant positions
- The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is always looking for Student Assistants in all Departments, Research Groups, Service Units and Laboratories. For further information, please click here.
- The Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History is currently looking to for a new Intern in Archaeometry. The internship will mostly be held at the Institute for Earth Physics in Paris (France). For further information, please click here.
- The Department of Archaeology will hold its International Applications of Archaeological Sciences Training Course from 20-30 March 2019. The application deadline is November 21, 2018. For further information, please click here.