I’m a linguist and currently working as a doctoral researcher at the MPI for the Science of Human History. I studied linguistics at Humboldt University Berlin, focusing on psycholinguistics and typology. My research interest is the diversity of language variation in word meanings. In my master’s thesis, I conducted the first systematic study of body part extensions such as the table leg and foot of the mountain. I examined the frequency of these expressions in 13 languages and the preferences for the underlying similarity dimensions (shape, spatial orientation, function). For my doctoral research, I collaborated in establishing the Database of Cross-Linguistic Norms, Ratings, and Relations for Words and Concepts (NoRaRe), which contains 98 datasets from linguistics and psychology across 40 languages including 65 properties (e.g., frequency, sensorimotor ratings, borrowability). My research profile: https://youtu.be/KieYIwMyNc0
- in progress Ph.D. in Linguistics at International Max Planck Research School for the Science of Human History (IMPRS-SHH) and Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Dissertation (working title): Language variation in word meanings: Cross-linguistic patterns and causes of colexifications
Supervisor: PD Dr. Johann-Mattis List
- 2019 Master of Arts in Linguistics at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Master's thesis: Body-part metaphors as a window to cognition: A cross-linguistic study of object and landscape terms
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Verhoeven and Dr. Kilu von Prince
- 2016 Bachelor of Arts in German Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Bachelor's thesis: Emotionalisation through texts
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Katharina Spalek and Prof. Dr. Manfred Krifka
- 2019 - Present Doctoral Researcher at Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, Department of Linguistic and Cultural Evolution, Jena.
- 2019 Research Associate at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in the FAHMRRR project, funded by ERC.
- 2017 - 2019 Student research assistant at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in the MelaTAMP project, funded by DFG.
- 2016 - 2019 Student research assistant at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in the FAHMRRR project, funded by ERC.
- 2018 Internship and student research assistant at Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig.