Job Offer from March 03, 2023
The isotope and biochemistry laboratories of the Department of Archaeology at the Max Planck Institute of Geoanthropology in Jena is hiring
STUDENT ASSISTANTS (m/f/d)
to assist in archaeological sample preparation. This includes teeth and bone sample preparation and sample preparation for biomarker analysis. Training will be provided.
We are an international and highly motivated team of researchers and technicians who apply novel methods in archaeology. The positions would start immediately and should be 20 to 30 hours per month.
- Student in Archaeology, Biology or Biochemistry, enrolled at a German university,
- Significant interest in data quality assurance and best laboratory practices,
- good or excellent English skills,
- well organized,
- able to meet deadlines.
- The opportunity to be involved in a dynamic and highly international Department that provides unique opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Opportunity to learn new skills in archaeological science methods and laboratory techniques.
- A friendly, international and dedicated working environment.
To apply, send an email to lab manager Dr. Jana Ilgner: email@example.com.