Job Offer from June 21, 2022
The Department of Archaeology at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History draws upon field and laboratory approaches in archaeology to undertake cutting-edge research into our species’ past.
For the isotope and biochemistry laboratory we are looking for a
STUDENT ASSISTANT (f/m/d)
to assist in archaeological sample preparation. This includes teeth and bone sample preparation and sample preparation for biomarker analysis.
We are an international and highly motivated team of researchers and technicians who apply novel methods in archaeology. The positions would start immediately and should be 20 to 30 hours per month.
- Student in Archaeology, Biology or Biochemistry
- Significant interest in data quality assurance and best laboratory practices,
- good or excellent English skills,
- well organized,
- able to meet deadlines.
- The opportunity to be involved in a dynamic and highly international Department that provides unique opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Opportunity to learn new skills in archaeological science methods and laboratory techniques.
- A friendly, international and dedicated working environment.
How to apply:
Please submit your application as a single pdf file in English, consisting of a letter of motivation and your CV using our online application tool. More information can be found on our website