The Transmission, Infection, Diversification & Evolution Group (tide) is looking for a Student Assistant to support the development of phylogenetic analysis software within the Bayesian phylogenetic analysis framework BEAST2.
- Very good JAVA programming skills.
- Good English skills.
- The opportunity to be involved in a dynamic and highly international research institute that provides unique opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Opportunities to learn new skills in a variety of areas.
- A friendly, international and dedicated working environment.
The Max Planck Society and our Institute wish to contribute to the inclusive participation of individuals with disabilities and we especially encourage them to apply. The Max Planck Society seeks to provide equal opportunities to men and women, and so we especially appreciate applications from persons for positions in which their gender is currently underrepresented.
Please submit your application in English as a single PDF file (max. 5 MB) to https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/mjws/perso/shh_s023.nsf/application including the following:
- Cover letter, explaining your interest in this position and your relevant background
- Copies of degree certificates