The institute has large clean rooms for ancient DNA extraction and a modern DNA laboratory for sample preparation and sequencing. The laboratories are located at Pharmapark Jena, an industrial area close to the institute.
ancient DNA clean lab:
- ~250 m2
- independent air condition and UV-water system
- three independent areas (humans, pathogens, animals/plants);each with several small rooms to separate analytical steps and increase throughput
Modern DNA lab:
- separate rooms for sample preparation, capture, quantification and sequencing.
- capacities for long-term storage
- 2 Illumina NextSeq500, one Illumina HiSeq4000, Linux Cluster for analyses